Thursday, April 2, 2015

Getting Organized and Ready for our Trip Home

   I slept till 8:30 this morning.  John was already up and done with his walk.  He took some pictures of the CG, too. 

 
The CG is very roomy...
 

...you can see we have plenty of room on either side.

 

TW and Arlene got us this map to track all the
states we have camped in.  (we have to stay overnight
to have it count!) 

John admitted to me that the main reason we
stayed in this CG on the way home was so we
could add the North Carolina sticker to the map. 
Now we have to work on Maryland and Delaware!
His knee is still bothering him.  He will have to make an appt. to see our family doc when we get home.  This getting older stuff definitely has its drawbacks!!  He sat on the bed and said, "I had a thought".  And I said," you want to leave tomorrow instead of Saturday".  We both agreed because we're anxious to get home and have an extra day to "re-situate" at home before we get back into life's "hecticity".  We had breakfast and then just worked inside and outside of Harvey trying to go through everything in our all our storage areas to see what we will take home and what we will leave inside Harvey.  I had a ball...I love to organize!!!  We had some cup holders beside the bed that kept falling off, so I hung them this time with 3M Velcro instead of the double sided tape that came with them.  I re-organized all the overhead living room storage cabinets and I have so much empty space that I might need to go shopping when I get home : ).   Even the ones under the dinette table are half empty!!  It was now about 1:00 and we wanted to go to Sonny's one more time.  I took Kylie out and went next door to chat with our new neighbor and introduce Kylie to their 2 dogs.  They have a 12 yr old black lab and a 1 yr old black lab.  Kylie wasn't very interested!  So I took her back into Harvey and off we went for our 45 minute drive to Sonny's.  Oh my gosh... it was sooo good.  We bought 2 different kinds of barbeque sauce and then headed back.  Michele called and invited us for Easter dinner on Sunday and then she's going to do our hair.  When we got back we continued cleaning up and then I walked down to the lady who I bought the clothes line from to check out the picnic table covers.  She uses heavy weight vinyl and sews pockets on the ends to fit over the ends of the table and the benches so you don't have to use the metal clamps to keep them on.  I decided to buy a set.   Donna, one of our neighbors that I met yesterday walked by with her Chihuahua, Dusty, and she helped me decide which color picnic table set looked the best with Harvey.  John also gave his opinion and we ended up with the burgundy one.  Donna and I talked some more and she asked if we were going to play BINGO tonight.  We told her  that we had planned on it, so we met outside at 6:30 and went down to the community building.  We had some ice cream at the country store and then waited for BINGO to start.  I won the full card game on 2 of my cards and got $10!!
I won on both of the cards to the far left!
We walked back together and talked outside for a while and then she and her husband, Jesus, invited us in to see their converted bus.  Jesus did all the work himself!  It took him about a year because he was still working at the time.  It was really nice.  Even had a dishwasher and Jacuzzi tub!  He cut the top off and added 8 inches, so it was roomy.  What a project!!  They came over to see Harvey and we exchanged phone numbers and email addresses so we could keep in touch.  I gave them our blog address, too.  They said they would like to hook up sometime next year when they go to Florida for the winter.  It will be their first time doing that.  They also said we should come visit them in Georgia with our RV because they have a 30 amp hook up.  That would be neat!!  They were very nice people!  We look forward to seeing them again!!
This is Donna and Jesus.  We had a fun time with them!
  We did a little more prep for our leaving tomorrow, I did my blog and we "hit the tick" at 10:30. 

No comments:

Post a Comment