Saturday, July 11, 2015

John Stayed...Cindy Played

John got up about 7:00 while I slept in till about 8:00.  He had blueberry pancakes and bacon ready for me when I got up.  What a guy!  After that delicious breakfast we went for a walk.  But we had to cut it short because I had to go back and get ready to leave for Manheim.  My Trivia fellow Frogettes are meeting at Susie's pool today for our monthly get together.  John took the top off of the Jeep for me and at 11:00 I left to go pick up Jane (I pass right by her house on the way).  I also had to stop by our house because I forgot to bring Kylie's allergy and pain pills with me.  We got to Susie's about 5 minutes late, but the rest of the group expected it...I have a reputation for being a bit late:(.  Susie had a delicious meal ready for us and we spent the day catching up on each others lives, cooling off in the pool ( the sun was really hot!), and playing "Tip of the Tongue".  Patti left about 4:00 and the rest of us followed about 4:30.  We all had a great time as usual!  I dropped Jane off and then headed to Darrenkamp's Market in Elizabethtown to pick up some Pillsbury pizza crust to make "mountain pies" over the campfire.  I got home about 5:45 and John was just walking by the guard house.  So I picked him up and we went back to Harvey together.  He had spent the other part of the day at the CG pool.  This winter when we ate at Sonny's Barbeque in the south we often got "Red Neck Egg Rolls".  They are an egg roll filled with pulled pork, cole slaw and cheese and then fried.  We have often talked about trying to replicate them, so tonight were are going to try.  I cut the pizza dough in squares and filled them with the pork, slaw and cheese, placed them in our cast iron mountain pie makers (long handled round and square double sided grillers that fold together), and put them over the fire.  They were delicious! Next time we make them we'll have to take pictures.  We played Racko for a good part of the rest of the evening and then went to bed.  We will be getting up fairly early in the morning in order to go home to prepare some food for our church service/picnic tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment