Saturday, January 23, 2016

Cold, Windy Day at Buttonwood!

  Heather and Cooper called this morning.  They already have a foot of snow and are expecting at least another foot and a half.  Unfortunately, they can't go outside to play in it because they are both sick. I got myself ready and we went out for breakfast to the Sebring Diner after recommendations from Lorraine and John.  It was very good.  The pancakes were huge...filled the whole plate.  We have enough leftover for another breakfast.  Boy, is it ever chilly outside!  The temp is about 54, but the wind makes it feel like 10 degrees less.  I guess we shouldn't complain, though, because of the horrible weather back home.  We got back from breakfast about 11:30.  I worked on the blog a bit and then we went over to the Rec Hall for karaoke.  I sang Petula Clark's "Downtown" and "I Cain't Say No" from Oklahoma.
  Several people approached me about singing in the Talent Show they have here during Spring Fest the beginning of March.  I told them I would love to, but we're leaving on Wednesday.  George, the guy running the karaoke said I could still come if I wanted to make the drive from Venice. (we'll be at Rambler's Rest at that time).  I talked to John about it and he said. "sure, we'll come".  What a guy!!!  George is even going to make me a copy of the CD, so I don't have to come to practice!  It should be fun!!  We got back about 4:00, ate a light supper and then got ready for the Pirate Dance tonight.  John was going to grill, but it was so cold and windy he didn't think the grill would stay lit.  Dustin sent us some pictures of the girls playing in the snow and then we talked to them for a short time.  We left for the dance at 6:30.  The band was really good.  Most of their songs were easy listening from the 60's and 70's.  We haven't danced for a while and had a great time!  We got back about 10:00. 
The Rec Hall was all decorated.

The 2 people in the chairs won for best wench and pirate
costumes.  The other 2 were part of the dance committee.

The Sugar Bear Band

Who the heck are those two??

Our LOSING 50/50 tickets :(
John went to bed about 11:00 and I finished the blog at 1:30.  I wonder if we'll ever get to enjoy the pools and shuffleboard here before we have to leave??Good night!

2 comments:

  1. Didn't stop snowing here until at least 10 tonight. Can't see my car except for the side mirror. Cooper liked our snow sluchies though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your singing talent is becoming well known in Florida.

    ReplyDelete