Saturday, January 30, 2016

Yea...It's Pool Time!!

  It got a bit nippy during the night.  As a matter of fact I wore sweat pants and a sweatshirt to bed!  We got up about 8:00, John cooked eggs and bacon for breakfast, and by 10:00 the temp was almost 70 degrees.  You know what that means...POOL TIME!!  I got my suit on and headed on down by 11:00.  John wanted to do some walking, so he will join me later.  I was afraid it would be full and we might not get chairs with the way the weather has been, but to my surprise there was only one other lady there!!  I got in the hot tub for about 20 minutes and then plopped myself in my chair...AHHHHH!  I started chatting with the lady in the next chair and about an hour later was reading my book and soaking up the rays.  John arrived shortly after that.  Here are some pics he took on his walk:
Here's where we are for the next 2 and 1/2 weeks.
 
there's still a lot of collected water...
 
...but the ducks don't seem to mind!
 
Funny looking ducks, huh?!?
 
 
 
Lunch, anyone?  John just happened to catch this
osprey with his own catch of a fish.
 
Yep, there's 2 of them.
 
Here's the other one up close and personal.  I guess
the other one isn't sharing lunch!
 
Blooming geraniums in January!
 
Loved this sign!!
 
Cute cactus plant stand, but no plants.  What's up with that??
 
Resident blue heron.
  He got in the hot tub and then took a dip in the pool.  I never did get in because cloud cover rolled in blocking the sun and we left at about 2:30.  DRAT...I wanted to be there all day.  For some reason I was dizzy.  I didn't feel sick and nothing hurt...my equilibrium was just off.  I'm thinking it might have something to do with either the way I had my head off the chair talking to the lady or from the adjustment at the chiropractor.  So when we got back to Harvey I put a heated pillow around my neck and just took it easy.  John went outside and set up more of our stuff.  I was still a bit dizzy, but I made hot dogs and mac and cheese for supper.  Then we attempted to play some cards, but neither one of us was really into it.  We watched some TV instead and then went to bed about 10:30.  I hope my dizziness goes away during the night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment