Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Now This is Florida at It's Finest!!

  We both woke up about 7:30.  The temp was already 54, so things are looking up!  John wanted to walk, so he got the laundry ready and walked it down.  He was going to keep walking while the laundry was going and then slip back to switch it over.  I cleaned up inside Harvey a bit and got a birthday card ready to send to our daughter-in-law, Arlena.  Then I drove to the Laundromat (my left hip is really bugging me)at 10:15 to help fold everything.  My timing was great...John had it almost all done!  We drove back, put everything away, and then went down to the shuffleboard courts.  It was a very close game, but John beat me 75-69.
The courts are pristine.  8 up front and 6 in the back


That's my "non-winning" form!!

  We were going to go to the pool, but decided to just sit outside Harvey.  It was 80 degrees, shady, and a bit breezy...just too perfect to pass up.
Finally, a warm day!
 
  Plus we could turn up the Pandora 60's, 70's and 80's music and rock on!   I think this is the first time we have been able to sit outside since we left PA!!!  We ate our lunch and then the clouds started rolling in.  It is supposed to start raining tonight.  Hope it holds off until then!  Bonnie called to let me know that Dad fell again.  He just won't listen.  We understand how hard it must be to lose your independence, but we're afraid that if he keeps falling the nurses may have to restrain him or take his motorized cart away.  That would be horrible for a man who still has his mind!  We certainly don't want to see it come to that!!  Then I challenged John to another game of shuffleboard.  He kept knocking into the minus 10 spot, so, of course, I lost the first 2 games, but it wasn't a cream job.  I told him I was going to keep playing until I won a game.  I hoped we wouldn't have to have something delivered for supper :) Well, will wonders never cease...I won the 3rd game!  Then we went over to the Bocce Ball courts to watch some games going on.  A woman ask us if we would like to play.  I stayed sitting because of my hip, but John played.  He did really well and beat her!  Then he and I played and he won again!  But it was fun.  We sat on a swing by the lake and watched the sunset. 
It's starting, but a little dull yet.

Getting better...

...and better

This bird showed up...not sure what kind it is.


Now we're talkin'

This little squirrely stopped by, too, to watch.

Just about gone, but still beautiful!
We got back to Harvey about 6:30.  John did some work outside to prepare for our departure tomorrow morning, while I made a pound of steamed shrimp for supper.  It was so good!  I talked to Michele and she was having a rough day today...having a lot of muscle pain from tight skin.  She left the condo today and was on her way to W Palm Beach to a friend's apartment for the next week.  I worked on the blog a bit and then we went for ice cream at DQ.
Ahh, choco cherry love and reeses's PB cup...Yum!
We actually brought half of both of them home and
froze to enjoy another day :)
  When we got back we both took showers and got into our jammies.  John emptied the tanks.  I tried to clean out the floor of the shower and when I bent over something felt like lightening hit my sciatica and pain went down my leg.  Oh crap!!  Right now it's really aching...have no idea what I did.  I'm going to finish this blog post, ice my butt/leg, and go to bed.  We would like to leave by 8:30 tomorrow morning for our 2 & 1/2 hr. trip to Pine Island.


No comments:

Post a Comment