Sunday, March 6, 2016

A Great Pool Day!

   We slept in this morning until about 8:00.  I cooked some banana pancakes and bacon for breakfast.  John took all my craft show "stuff" out of the Jeep and put it away underneath Harvey.  Then he put the top down on the Jeep for when he takes me out for supper tonight.  We left for the pool just before 11:00.  It was a gorgeous day at the pool...high 70's and just a slight breeze.  We spent a lot of time in the hot tub at first and then just lounged by the pool.  But you couldn't stay out of the pool too long...it got too hot!  We stayed until 3:00 and then came back and showered and got ready to go to supper.  We went just down the road to Snook Haven.  It's back a long lane right off River Rd where the CG is located.  When we got there the parking lot was packed and overflowing.  We didn't know, but on Sundays from 12-5:00 there is live music outside and lots of tables and picnic tables are set up outside, too.  There was hardly anyone inside, so we sat at a table inside that was by a screened door facing the band.  We could enjoy both the calmness of the inside and the music of the outside at the same time.  It was great!  The band made up of middle aged guys was very good!  They played mostly 60's and 70's music.  The food was really good, too! And we left at 6:00 with more than half of our food.  YUM...we can enjoy it again tomorrow. 
Lots of people were dancing when we got there.
 
It was packed!
 
The band.
 
This is Hank the alligator.
 
John's ready to eat!!
 
This is what we took HOME...ribs, brisket, and pulled pork.
 
Neat trash can!
 
Neat setting and a pontoon boat that you can ride.
 
We were sitting right inside that screened area.
 
The front of the restaurant.
 
Cute sign!
 
See the alligator??  Neither did we!!
 
Took this on the way out.
 
 
How cool was it that there were 2 frogs to ride!!
I bought the hat at the gift shop for the variety show.
 
 
 
The sun shining thru the trees and the dust on the road
created this beautiful picture!!
We decided to go to Beall's to check and see if they had anything for me to get to outfit myself for the variety show in Sebring on Tuesday where I'll sing "I Cain't Say Know" again.  The outfit I had before belonged to the costume gal at Pine Island.  I was able to find a plaid shirt, but I didn't have my Beall's credit card with me, so I'll pick it up tomorrow on the way to the beach.  And on Monday's anyone over 50 gets another 15% off!  Then we went to McDonald's to get a sundae, but their ice cream machine was broken.  So we went to Wendy's instead and got a Frosty.  We played our "bully" game of 5 Crowns and I was the victor in a pretty close game...33-57.  We watched a movie about Lucille Ball called "Lucy" and then went to bed about 11:00.  But I couldn't sleep, so I caught up on my blogging and didn't get to bed until 2:30.  Am I crazy or what!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment