Wednesday, March 9, 2016

A Lazy Last Full Day at Rambler's Rest in Venice

   I woke up about 8:00. (I'm pretty consistent with that, aren't I?)  John had already eaten breakfast and was getting ready to go down to the hot tub.  His hip was hurting him even more this morning.  I got up and had breakfast and then Heather and Cooper called.  He broke his glasses again!  We talked for about 45 minutes.  Everything is going well for her except the last couple of days she has felt very nauseous.  Then I starting cleaning Harvey.  We had the windows open yesterday and they mowed here at the CG.  So everything had a layer of dust and pollen!!  The screens in our fans needed cleaned again, too, so I worked at that also.  I never got out of my jammies until 10:30, just after John got back.  His hip didn't feel much better, but he helped me finish dusting and ran the vacuum.  Then he took all of our dirty clothes just across the road  to the laundry.  I made some hot dogs and mac and cheese for lunch.  I went back over to the laundry to finish it because John's hip was really hurting.  He went back down to the pool/hot tub about 3:00.  I didn't feel like sitting in the sun...imagine that!...so I stayed in Harvey and caught up on my blogging. When John got back about 5:00 I was on the phone with Jodi, the nurse practitioner from Masonic Village.  She said that she was ordering an ultrasound Doppler to check for a blood clot in Mom's leg.  She may or may not get the results tonight.  John's hip was a little better after the hot tub and stretching exercises in the pool.  He heated up some leftovers for supper and then we went outside to watch some TV.  It was a beautiful evening!  I called Bonnie and left a message about Mom.  We came in about 7:00 and played a game of 5 Crowns...I won.  I watched The Voice while John did some reading.  He went to bed about 10:00 and I went in about 11:00.  Even though it was an uneventful day, I really enjoyed just "hanging out" in Harvey!!  Tomorrow morning we have to "pack it up" and move to Winters Quarter Manatee in Bradenton.  We'll have a week to spend with Bonnie and Ken and Melissa and Chuck.  Should be fun!  Sorry, no pictures today :(

No comments:

Post a Comment