Friday, March 11, 2016

First Full Day in Bradenton

   John had a restless night only getting about 4 hrs sleep.  He should have stayed up and had that sundae last night, huh?!?  He ended up sleeping in until 8:00 and I woke up about 8:45, but I never rolled out of bed until 9:30.  John cooked breakfast and then we got into our bathing suits and went down to the pool.  We stopped in the CH first to use their free Wi-Fi so John could download a new book and I could practice my songs.  John went down to the hot tub and Bonnie called while I was still in the going over my songs.  She wanted to go shopping again since we ran out of time yesterday.  I decided to sacrifice the pool time and go with her :)  She picked me up at 12:30 and we went to a different Bealls Outlet to check to see if they had a couple of the tops Bonnie liked yesterday but didn't have in the correct size.  Before we even got out of the car she texted Ken and Melissa that we wouldn't be back until 4:00 instead of 3:00 like she first thought. (we were all going to play shuffleboard)  She had no luck with that, but she got a lot of nice things.  I didn't get anything for myself, but bought for John and the grandkids.  We did get back early...3:30!  The 6  of us met down at the shuffleboard courts at 4:00.  Bonnie and I took on Ken and John and we beat them pretty handily...sorry guys.  Then we played Melissa and Chuck.  We beat them, too!!  John and I wanted to attend the fish fry at the CH and we didn't have tickets.  So we had to leave at 5:15 for the 5:30 feed.  For $8 we had lightly batter dipped fish that the fisherman in the CG caught, FF's, coleslaw, a roll, a drink, and a homemade piece of cake.  It was very good!  We got back to Harvey about 6:30 and then got ready to go over to Waldo to play some games with the gang.  We played a new game called "Wits and Wages".  The men won the first game and the women won the second.  But John was the single winner of both games.  He and Ken tied the 1st one, but John won the tie breaker.  Then we played Skip-0 and the men won a close one.  Of course, any team can win that has 14 skip-o's!!  The women only had 9.  We got back to Harvey about 10:30.  John read for a little bit and turned in about 11:15.  I caught up on the blog.  I watched BUZZR TV while I was working on the blog.  It's old game shows like "Card Sharks" with Jim Perry, "Tattletales" with Bert Convey, and "Let's Make A Deal" with Monty Hall.  The prizes on LMAD are tacky compared to now.  And the cars are big old ugly Buicks worth $6000!!  The Vega was $2000!!  A whole room full of kitchen appliances, washer/dryer and air conditioner was $2500.  It's kind of jaw dropping.  I remember how impressed I was with all the prizes when I watched the show as a kid.  How times have changed!!!  I went to bed at 12:45.

1 comment: