Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Moving Day Again

   John got up about 7:00, but had a restless night because of the I-75 traffic.  I woke up about 8:30.  We had breakfast and then got things around inside and out in preparation for our move to Terra Ceia Village in Palmetto just 14 miles up the road from Manatee.  We had our propane tank filled before we left and we were on the road by 11:00.  We arrived at Terra Ceia about 11:20, pulled into our site at 11:35 and were all set up by about 12:45.
We like our site.  It's roomy, close to the pool,
and QUIET...not next to a highway!!
  Poor John was so hot when he finally came inside...it was over 80 and very humid with very little breeze.  I made some lunch and then we headed to the pool.  A gentleman saw our license plate and asked where we were from in PA.  When I said Lanc Co he was shocked.  Turns out he was born and raised in Vintage (which I never heard of) between Paradise and Kinzers.  Jim lost his wife 2 yrs ago after 51 yrs of marriage and moved down here.  There is a small library in the clubhouse next to the pool, and I needed a book since I just finished the one Bonnie gave me.  Guess what, Sis.  They had one Susan Wiggs book called The Summer Hideaway.  It's part of The Lakeside Chronicles.  Have you read one of them yet? 
This is the Club House.  There is a screened in
area towards the back with a pool table.
  The pool is off to the left inside the fence.
Then Michele called with some questions about trees.  She is meeting with the landscaper today to decide which large trees she wants to plant.  I gave her some suggestions, but I'm far from an expert on trees!!   The pool at the CG is very small, but nice.  Unfortunately, there is no hot tub for our aching muscles.  The shuffleboard courts are next to the pool and look pretty nice...we'll see.
Hopefully, we'll try these out tomorrow evening.
  We stayed about 2 hrs and returned to Harvey.  John got a shower and I took a nap.  John went for a walk around the CG. 
Some of the roads thru the CG.
 
 
This pond is right next to the pool.  It's hard to see
but there's a fountain in the middle.
I woke up about 5:30, defrosted the shrimp and made salads.  We sat outside for about a half hour.   It got cloudy and cool, so I came in to start supper.  We had steamed shrimp, baked potatoes and a salad.  The shrimp were good, but not as good as the ones I had at the Starfish Co yesterday!  John did the dishes and then we played a game of 5 Crowns.  I won again.  John went in to bed about 9:30...he was very tired.  I watched the old game show network while working on the blog.  I turned in about 11:15. 

2 comments:

  1. "Poor John was so hot". I feel so bad for him suffering in FL by the pool. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Poor John was so hot". I feel so bad for him suffering in FL by the pool. :-)

    ReplyDelete