Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Carbon Copy of Yesterday...Weather Wise

   We slept in a bit today, so John didn't get back from his routine until about 10:00.  I had taken Kylie out shortly after he left and our neighbor, Gary came over to chat.  Pretty soon his wife, Mary Lou and their King Charles Cavalier doggy, Charlie joined us.  We talked until John got back... over 2 hrs and then at least another 45 minutes after he got back.  They are so nice (He's the gentleman who had the same vocal chord cancer that my dad had). We invited them over tonight to teach us to play Farkel, a dice game they play a lot.  We ate some leftover potatoes and eggs for breakfast and then at the suggestion of our neighbor on the other side, Janine, we headed to Bunche Beach which was only 10 minutes down the road and FREE parking for now.  It was a cute little beach used mostly for fishing and kayak and canoe launching.  It didn't look too good for shelling, but I didn't have a chance to even look.  Between my sore foot and the chilly, blustery wind, I never got out of my chair!!  John took a short walk, we got some pictures, and we left.

It's hard to see, but that's Sanibel/Captive Island in the background



Bunche Beach from both sides

The bridge into Ft Myers

Some pelicans flying over the beach

I was playing Yahtzee waiting for John to come back.
I must have been having a bad game... I'm really frowning!!
Or maybe it was because I was so cold?

This is a picture of the bridge over to Sanibel/Captiva

 
Wow... look at the old man's new muscles!
  We got back about 2:30 and went to the pool until about 4:30. We spent most of the time in the pool because it was too chilly outside.  I was able to move my podiatrist appt to tomorrow morning at 9:00 in Estero, so I called my sister to let her know we were on for the beach on Sanibel on Thursday.  YEA!!  When we got back to Harvey we got cleaned up and made an early supper.  I made some red pepper dip for our evening with our neighbors and we relaxed in front of the TV while waiting for Gary and Mary Lou to come over.  They came at 7:00 and we played 3 games of Farkel and 4 games of Pass the Pigs.  We had a great time!! (of course, we forgot to get a picture, but we will before we leave on Sunday!). They left about 9:30, we went to bed and John read while I watched some of the Australian Tennis Open then went nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment