Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Much Better Weather Day...BINGO

   We actually had to set an alarm today to make sure we were up in time for my 9:00 podiatrist appt.  We had to leave by 8:15 to travel to Estero, so we decided to get breakfast at Marko's, next door to the CG when we got back.  I had so much paperwork to do at the dr. appt that I didn't finish until 9:30.  I finally went back at 9:40 and the nursing asst took xrays-3 views of each foot and 2 views of each ankle.  The dr came in and asked what trouble I was having and is suspecting some minor tearing in a tendon on the inside of my heel, just under my ankle bone.  He gave me a shot of cortisone and put me in a "soft" cast. 
"Foot fault'...I've obviously been watching too much tennis!
I will be having an MRI on Friday morning and a follow up appt next Wed.  If the MRI shows some minor tears the dr told me that he will inject some sort of concoction that repairs the tears without surgery.  He said they have had real success with it.  Thank goodness my hip is better because I probably will not be able to stress that foot very much if getting that treatment and I'll have to rely more on my repaired hip.  May have to check with my Ortho doc about that!  The follow up appt will be so inconvenient because by that time we will be in Venice about 2 hrs away!!  Oh, well, I'm not allowed to get the cast wet or walk on the beach, so there's not much else to do anyway.  And we're so bummed that we can't go to the beach with Bonnie and Ken tomorrow.  Instead we're going to spend the evening with them at their CG in Naples about 50 minutes from here. We left the office about 10:40.  I was kind of boo-hooing about the whole situation and my dear husband reminded me to keep it in perspective.  He said he's sure that 2 people walked out of a dr's office today and were told they have terminal cancer.  That shut me up fast!!!  We had breakfast at Marko's...sooo good!... then went back to Harvey to change for the pool.  John did some routine maintenance outside and I worked on oiling the shells we have collected so far.
Kylie waiting for us to come home from the Dr.
  That's her favorite spot under the table!
 

Look at the difference between the right side that I have already oiled
and the left side that I have not!!
  We got to the pool about 1:00.  It was delightful!  John went to the weight room for about a half hour.  We left at 4:00 because John wanted to walk since he hadn't done it this morning.  Gotta get those 10,000 steps in!  I'm so proud of him for being so diligent!!
9,998, 9,999, 10,000!!
  I worked on my blog post while he was gone.  We had supper and then went down to the activity for BINGO.  No wins again, but we both got close.  Then we went for ice cream next door at Love Boat.  It wasn't very full tonight most likely due to the chillier weather.
The sign outside
 
Look at all the flavors!  We actually prefer a long line
cause it takes a while to figure out what flavor you want!
 
 

Some of the flavors and the variety of coated cones

Love this poster on the wall!!!
  When we got back we turned on the fireplace... it makes it so cozy!  I talked with our granddaughter, Alexandra about a job interview and with her mom, Michele about how the viewing/funeral went for her dad.  We talked for about 40 minutes.  Bennett, our 3 yr old grandson was staying with Michele overnight, so we got to talk to him, too.   John went to bed and I worked on finishing my blog post while watching the Australian Open.  The Williams/Keys match just started at 11:30!  This might be a very late night if it's a good match (and so far it is)!!  It's 12:55 am and Serena William's just won...darn it.  Good night!

2 comments:

  1. John, looks like you might be able to pass the AF PT test with your workout program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beautiful shells! You found some great ones! The sign at the ice cream shoppe is a classic and all those flavors look so good! I guess we should have gone there after the Sandi Patty concert! What were we thinking????

    ReplyDelete