Sunday, January 25, 2015

Hang Around the CG Day


   It was too windy and chilly to go to the beach and my foot was hurting so we decided to have a leisurely morning in Harvey to rest and ice my foot.  John did his walking while I iced my foot.  He made breakfast when he came back.  I called TW and Michele to see how things were going in preparation for the viewing/funeral for their father tomorrow in Gloversville, NY.  Most things were in order.  I'm very proud of them for handling everything so well!  I worked on  my blog post and then we went to the pool.  It was windy but very pleasant.  I did my exercises in the pool (which is like bath water), and then just lounged.  We left about 3:00 because we planned to Skype with Emma and Ellie at 3:30 and we had to get ready for the Sandi Patty concert.  It was so good to see their little faces and talk with them and Dustin and Cathy, too!!  Then I got my shower while John made steak sandwiches from a leftover flat iron steak he grilled a couple of days ago.  They were so good! Not long after John got ready for the concert one of the ladies in charge of the concert tickets asked if we were using all 4 of ours because she now needed one.  Since Bonnie and Ken were already on their way John gave up his ticket so someone from the CG could go.  The 3 of us left for the concert about 5:15 and traveled to the First Assembly of God church on Summering Rd in Ft Myers.  There were hundreds of people already in line because seats were on a first come first served basis and they couldn't get in until 6:00.  Thank goodness we already had tickets and we could go right in!  Turns out John could have gone after all because there were 3 empty seats in our row before they left the non ticket holders in :(. Let me tell you the girl still has it!!  I haven't seen her for quite a few yrs. And she still has a voice that makes the hair stand up on my arms.  It's so inspiring, too!  Her 27 yr old son who had a traumatic brain injury when he was 2 was there also.  He overcame all the problems he had and he, too, sings like an angel.  Reminded me of Josh Groban.  The auditorium was huge... probably held 2,000 or so and it was packed!  The concert lasted 2 hrs and we got back about 9:30. Sandi Patti was phenomenal!

  Bonnie and Ken stayed about 20 minutes and then left to drive back to their Naples CG about 50 minutes away.  It was sure good to see them!!  We hope to hook up with them again in the next few weeks.  John went to bed while I watched the end of the Miss Universe pageant.  Then I got a peek at the horrible weather you guys are going to get tomorrow and Tuesday.  I small part of me is sorry I'm missing it because I've always gotten excited at the prospect of a large snow storm!  I'll get over it, though.  Hope things don't get too bad for you all, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment