Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Darn Near Perfect Day on the Beach

The weatherman got it right today!!  It was near 70 when we got up!  John did his walking/exercising outside of Harvey and I did mine inside.  When he got back we freshened up and went next door to Marko's Diner for breakfast.  It was absolutely delicious!  We'll be going there again!  It was about 11:00am when we headed for Bonita Beach about 6 miles south of Fort Myers beach.  It's a very pretty view from the bridge into the town.
 
 

That's a couple parasailing in the background
 

This is one of the cute shops in downtown Ft Myers Beach


Once we finally got into Bonita Springs (the traffic was horrendous) we couldn't find a parking space anywhere!  We even drove into Barefoot Beach County Park (which was about a crawling 2 mile drive) and were told that we could pay the $8 entrance fee but there was no guarantee that there would be a parking space.  So we turned around and drove back toward Ft Myers beach.  It was now 1:00 so we decided to check out one of the parking lots we tried to get in before, and lo and behold we found a spot!  By the time we got on the beach our 11 mile drive took us 2 hrs and 20 minutes!  It was very frustrating!!  We ended up on Little Hickory Beach and it was really nice...Lots of shells and lots of beach for John to walk on.  John was sporting his new haircut and new bathing suit.
See how much younger and cooler he looks with his new do!



Sorry it's so blurry, but he wanted to remain anonymous
and not show off too much!

  The temperature got into the high 70s and there was a small breeze.  It was glorious! 
A nice person snapped this picture for us as we were leaving
We left about 5:15 and got into another traffic jam.  We got back to Harvey at 6:10.  We grilled for supper and then skyped with TW, Arlena, and Bennett.  It was good to see their faces and talk with them!  I also talked with my sister, Bonnie and told her we want to go to the beach on Captiva tomorrow.  She advised us to leave early because there is only one parking lot and it gets full by mid morning.   I worked on our blog post a little bit and then we went down to the shuffleboard courts.  I'm happy to report that I was not only able to play now, but I won both games!  My hip is coming along pretty well.  I think I'm about 70% there.  I'm actually having more trouble with my right foot and ankle.  I think the fact that it has been bearing most of my weight for the last 2 mos has taken a toll on it.  Hopefully, as my hip recovers, so will my foot/ankle.  We came back to Harvey, took showers, I consoled John, and we went to bed.

1 comment: