Friday, January 16, 2015

Here Comes the Sun...Finally

   The sky was full of clouds again this morning when we got up and it was chilly... low 50's.  It is supposed to clear by noon, but we'll see.  John did his routine while I had breakfast and played on the computer waiting for the sun to peek through the clouds.  I should have gone to the pool anyway to do my exercises, but I couldn't talk myself into it because I was chilly inside the RV!  I must have been pretty cold, because I decided to vacuum to warm up.  But I couldn't find the vacuum cleaner!  John came back right about then and got it out from under the RV.  So I vacuumed and warmed up.  John wanted to go to the pool because he promised we would see the sun by lunchtime.  I caved in.  Well... it peeked through a bit but didn't really come out until about 2:00.  Then it was beautiful!  
This weird looking caterpillar was crawling
 around the pool area.


We left the pool about 4:00.  We were pretty hungry because neither one of us had lunch.  We had another one of our "left-over smorgasbords".  We decided to go into Cape Coral to see the movie, American Sniper.  I hope it's not too intense!  We'll let you know when we get back.  It was very good... graphic enough where it had to be, but not too graphic where it could have been.  It was a remarkable true story of dedication, tough choices and human vulnerability with an unexpected ending.  It certainly gave me a new appreciation for what our guys go through!  Oh, and by the way, I ate way too much popcorn!!  We stopped at Publix (a grocery store) on the way home to pick up a couple of things, and I was so excited to find Martin's potato rolls that I practically did a dance in the aisle!  When we got home I made some chicken salad while John watched TV and then we went to bed and read a little bit before we turned off the lights.  The weatherman has promised a sunny, warm Saturday, so we plan on going to Lido Key Beach in Sarasota with Rhonda, Kevin and his daughter, Heather.  But we'll see... the weatherman has been lying lately!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment