Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Not a Beach Day Afterall :(

  Woke up this morning to very heavy cloud cover, but warmer morning temperature... about 60.  John did his morning routine and I went to the pool and hot tub to do my exercises.  John joined me about 10:30.  We talked with a couple people while we there.  It's so interesting to hear people's stories... where they're from, when they started RVing and why, how long they're here, and where they have been. And they're full of recommendations for things to do in the area.  There's a little Tiki Hut poolside that serves lunch Tues, Thurs, and Sat.  Today was Taco Tuesday.  For $5.00 I had a huge taco salad and soda.  It was very good! Since we weren't going to the beach we decided to go shopping for bathing trunks for John and to find a place for him to get a new hair style.  I also needed an accompaniment track for the song I'm singing in the Talent Show on Sat night.  The lady in the pool had suggested Bealls for swimwear so we headed there.  As chance would have it... there was a Christian Music store right across the street...and a Costco, too!  We found a bathing suit for John at Bealls, a CD for me at the music store, and some new pool towels at Costco.  But they didn't have the bread we usually get in PA.  Oh, well, 3 out of 4 isn't bad!  We got back about 6:15 and, by the way, John's hair looks great!  And, of course, I didn't have the camera ( I'll get a pic tomorrow).  We ate leftovers and then called our granddaughters, Emma and Ellie and then headed out to the activity room for Card Bingo.  Instead of using Bingo cards a team of 4 each get 13 cards (evenly dividing a deck of playing cards).  The caller calls out cards one at a time and if you have the card you take it from your hand and put it in the middle of the table.  The first person to be rid of all their cards wins the pot.  Each game cost 25 cents.  It really is fun!  Now I know what you're all thinking..." Oh, my, John and Cindy are getting old... they're playing Bingo"!  Well, guess what... we're playing regular Bingo tomorrow night, too!  On the way back we played a game of shuffleboard.  John won, but I think it was because my left hip keeps me from balancing correctly and aiming correctly, so, naturally my shots are off!  When we got back John messed with the computer, did some reading and then went to bed.  I worked on our blog post while waiting for Chicago Fire to come on after the State of the Union address, but that never happened.  I talked with my son, TW and my daughter, Heather and our grandson, Cooper, finished up the blog post and went to bed. Again, I apologize for no pictures.  I'll try to make it up tomorrow when we go to Bonita Beach.

3 comments:

  1. Cindy, I am enjoying your blog as it is my morning entertainment when I come into work. I am however a bit jealous as we have three days of snow predicted here over the next week. I know it's a full-time job, but try to keep John busy and out of trouble and no pictures of him in his new Speedo! Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. John here... not sure WHY all the comments regarding a possible "John in bathing suit sighting", but possibly this is all due to some JEALOUSY?!? :-)

    ReplyDelete