Monday, October 13, 2014

A Darn Near Record Setting Day on Jekyll

   John took his walk and we went for a bike ride just across the road from the entrance to the CG.  It's called Clam Creek and the mile long ride leads to a park and several fishing piers that overlook the Jekyll river.  It was very pretty!  On the way back we stopped at the office to report that our cable for the TV wasn't working very well.  By the time we rode back to our rig a guy from the CG was checking it.  Turns out the underground cable wasn't getting a very good signal, so he will splice it on to another site when he's done with his "rounds."  We packed lunches and headed to the beach.  We found a much nicer place to enter.
 
  The ocean was much rougher today and looked brownish instead of blue.  The temp today was supposed to be in the high 80's and could possibly set a record for this time of year.  Needless to say it got pretty hot by 2:00, so we decided to go for a swim.  We noticed that the water was pretty dirty, but the waves were so fun to jump that we stayed in for at least 30 minutes.

  
Lots of debris
 
Lots of mud
 
 John had a bunch of brown pieces of "stuff" all over his legs, so I checked inside my suit and I was also covered with it.  John even had some in his pockets.  It was gross but we persevered until 4:00 and then headed back to Harvey.  Our cable was now hooked up to the site next door and working just fine.  Don't know what will happen if someone pulls into that spot!?!  I could hardly wait to shower, and, let me tell you, when I took my bathing suit off I had this mud-like stuff caked about 1/4 inch thick all over my sides and back! (didn't think anyone wanted pix)  I had to scrub like crazy to get it off.  It even clogged the drain!  We had supper and then John decided to do some laundry while I worked on the computer.  He called me down to show me an 11 yr old pug named Vesta that had just arrived across from the laundry room.  She wasn't quite as "plush" as Kylie!!  I stayed down with John to help him fold the wash and, Bonnie, you'll never guess who walked in... Wanda, from the Escapees Rally in Indiana.  (of course, I didn't have my camera!). Bonnie had told me that Wanda and Wally would be at the CG while we were here, but I had no idea how to find them because I didn't know their last name.  What were the chances!?!?  We visited awhile and then I got a call from Heather.  Went back to Harvey and put the laundry away, watched The Voice and then went to bed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment