Friday, March 27, 2015

Another Gray Day in Paradise

   John made breakfast this morning and then we decided to wash all the bedding since the weather was preventing us from doing anything else.  We also decided to play "Nerts"  in the community room while waiting for the laundry to finish.  So we loaded up the laundry bags, packed up the cards and drinks and off we went.  Unbelievably, the laundry is FREE here.  The only hitch is that you can only use cold water.  Everyone else must have had the same idea that we had because most of the washers and dryers were already in use.  But we were only there a few minutes when all but the front loader opened up.  I wanted to use that for the bedspread so we had to wait for that one.  We got everything going and went into the community room to play cards.  There were 3 tables going with Bunco.  Had I known that was on the calendar I probably would have joined them.  I normally play that once a month with the girls from my old neighborhood.  Anyway, we went back and forth over to the laundry in between hands of "Nerts".  The game was pretty close until the end when I made my move and won.  I chatted with a man from NC for a while and John took the laundry back to Harvey.  Then we went to Zaxby's for lunch.  It's a restaurant a lot like KFC but better.  All the dinners and salads come with garlic Texas toast.  We filled up the Jeep with gas on base and went back to Harvey.  John took a nap while I worked on my blog and cooked chicken breasts to make chicken salad.  The cold front the weatherman is calling for is here and it's starting to rain.  I called a local pet place to see if I could get Kylie's nails trimmed and maybe a bath.  They won't do the bath because she's not up to date with all her shots but I'll be taking her there tomorrow after 1:00 for a nail trim.  John is going to head to the gym and I'm going to stay back and finish the chicken salad and repaint my toenails. (I bet you really wanted to know that, huh?!?). I'll remake the bed, too.   Then I might even touch up my gray roots.  Pretty energetic, aren't I?  I was going to play some Hand and Foot tonight, but that's been cancelled.  We made the bed before John left.  He got back about 7:30 and guess what... all I got done was the chicken salad!  I obviously wasn't as energetic as I thought.  Seems to happen a lot while RVing!!  John took a shower and then we decided to go down to the bowling alley on base... not to bowl, but they have a game room, pub, and Dominos pizza there.  We played 3 games of Skeeball and I was the champ!  Then we went to the pub to have a few drinks while watching the NCAA basketball games.  We ordered from Dominos, too.  The female bartender and I talked a bit about our hip/foot problems and she told me about some sandals, Reef brand, that have helped with her pain.  They sell them on base at the Px so I'm going to check them out tomorrow.  Looks like that trip to the pub will cost us more than the price of drinks!!  We left about 9:30 and played a game of Racko when we got back.  John "murderized" me! 
John's winning hand!
 I finished my blog while watching the Duke basketball game and then we went to bed.  John dozed off but I wanted to see the end of the game, so I stayed up till the bitter end about 12:30.     
 

1 comment: