Monday, March 30, 2015

We're Going Baby Ear Hunting Today!

We're going to Fernandina Beach today, so we had breakfast, packed a few snacks and were on the road by 10:00.  We got to the beach by 10:45 and it was beautiful!  It was about 70 degrees and sunny with a slight breeze.
It was a very pretty day and look at all those shells!!

  I was searching the shell laden beach for my baby ears while John took a walk.  I found 3 baby ears plus some other shells.  John came back and we played some Yahtzee and he read a little bit.  Then about 2:00 he went for another walk to the other end of the beach.  I texted some of my friends to rub it in that I was on the beach and just like that a huge ugly cloud hovered over, it got chilly and it started to drizzle!  It stopped almost as fast as it started, the cloud passed over and it got hot... almost 80 degrees!!
It was already starting to get cloudy when John started his walk.
 
Here comes the big, ugly cloud!

Now that's nasty looking!  It produced a little bit of showers,
but didn't last long.


The sun came out again so we could enjoy more
time on our last trip to the beach!
  I started looking for shells again and when John returned he said I had to come back and call Alexandra.  She had exciting news for us.  So I called her and she told me that she was accepted to the Lancaster School of Art and had even gotten a scholarship!  Even though she has changed her mind about her going to that school she was still so excited about being accepted!  We are very proud of her, too, especially for bringing up her GPA!!  She has decided since applying there to go to HACC to study to be an elementary teacher.  She recently got a job babysitting everyday after school and will continue with the family full-time over the summer.  I went shell hunting again for a while and I found 4 more baby ears!! 
I kept shell hunting up until the last minute before we left!

Some different shells...the fluted one in the middle is really neat!

My "baby ear" collection.  I was so excited to find 7 of them!!

Then we packed up and left about 4:45.  John wanted to get some outside work done in preparation for leaving tomorrow morning.  When we got back I cooked supper while John worked outside.  After supper I watched The Voice and John read and played on the computer.  We went to bed about 10:30. 

No comments:

Post a Comment