Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Another Gray Weather Day


   We woke up to a chilly, rainy day this morning.  We had breakfast.  I called my fellow Frogette, Jane and wished her a Happy Birthday and chatted a while.  We decided it was a good day to do laundry so John took it down while I worked on my blog.  He didn't come back for a while and I figured he was taking a walk while the clothes were getting clean.  But that wasn't the case...I guess everyone thought it was a good laundry day because he had to wait for a washing machine to become available.  He went down later to switch it over and then I joined him to help do the folding when it was done.  After we put the laundry away John had his leftovers from the Italian restaurant.  I was watching 3 episodes of Extreme Makeovers where they build a new house for families that are down and out but give of themselves anyway.  I was in tears for about 3 hrs... it was so moving!  Then we headed for the fitness center on base.  Yes, I went too!!  I just did about a half hour on the bicycle and then went over to the Px to shop.  John joined me about 45 minutes later. (I needed his wallet!). We had bought some wood at the office this morning, so we had to go to the commissary to get supplies to make s'mores.  And they had butter for $1.99, so I got several of those, too!  When we got back from there John showered and took a short nap.  I finished my blog, watched some TV and groomed Kylie.  Then John grilled a ham steak for supper.  We felt like we needed to leave the base, so we found a Dairy Queen and each got a Blizzard.  We brought them back to eat while watching The Voice.  I got a shower and we went to bed.  I played Word Twist for a while before my head hit the pillow.  We hope to get to a beach tomorrow!
This "Strategic Weapons Facility Atlantic" is on the
road on the way back to the CG.  It's where they
make them and manage them.

No comments:

Post a Comment