Monday, March 2, 2015

Easy, Relaxing Day Today

   I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning because I didn't get a very good night's sleep.  This CG sits right next to one of the main interstates in Florida...I-75.  The traffic is non-stop and loud!  I had some things on my mind, too, which didn't help either.  Anyway, John went to the clubhouse for the Monday morning meeting complete with coffee and donuts.  He was good and didn't have one, but he brought one back for me.  Then he made us ham and egg sandwiches.  They were really good!  The forecast is for sunny skies and a high of 80 today, so we're headed for Holmes Beach.  We packed dupe and left about 10:30.  By the time we got to the beach at the 11:15 the parking lot was FULL, so we veered off to the right and picked a side road to check for parking.  Did we ever luck out!!  There was no place to park so John drove right up to the beach to let me off.  Off to the left there were 3 construction workers building a house and they said we were welcome to park there even after they left at 2:30.  How's that for good timing?!?!?  It was a great beach for John to walk, but there were no shells or sharks teeth for me to look for.  Never the less I enjoyed the day.  We left about 3:30 and went to the pool when we got back to the CG.  We stayed about an hour and then went back to Harvey and Kylie to have leftovers for supper.  We decided to go to Clearwater tomorrow for the first Phillies spring training game against the Yankees.  So John ordered tix on line.  We got good seats just to the left of behind home plate.  Then John went for a walk while I watched The Voice.  We both got showers and went to bed.  I remembered last nite's problem with traffic noise, so I got up and made ear plugs out of cosmetic sponges.  How's that for being inventive...hope they work!
 

They might be a bit crude, but they fit in my ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment