Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Quiet Day...Just Chillin'

   When we got up this morning we asked each other what we wanted to do.  And we both decided to just hang out here, catch up on some work, and go to the pool because it was supposed to be another hot, humid day.  John made yummy banana pancakes for breakfast and then we got busy getting a lot of little things done.  When we finished it was lunch time, so we decided to have a sandwich before going down to the pool.  I still haven't resolved the cell phone issue, so while John went to the pool I got on the phone with AT&T.  45 minutes later I wasn't any farther ahead although I did talk with the rep who is trying to take care of it.  I explained the problem with the shipping of my old phone and he is going to keep checking on it for me.  I rode my bike to the pool (John had already done his weight routine) and then we played a game of shuffleboard...John won.  We went back in the pool and cooled off for a while and then played another game of shuffleboard before we left at 5:30.  I won that one, so we have a "bully" to play.  While John was cooking hamburgers on the grill my cousin called with the sad news that her brother, my cousin, Johnny Jones had passed away suddenly this morning.  He apparently fell over from a heart attack.  He was such a nice guy!  After supper, John talked with his son, Dustin and friend, Bob.  We watched some TV, I worked on my blog and then we went to bed.  We have to leave fairly early tomorrow morning to meet, Bonnie and Ken and their friends, Melissa and Chuck, and Ernie and Noela at Manasota Beach.  Should be a fun day!!
This is the view from the pool over the lake.  Our chairs
were just at the edge of the grassy area.  It's fun to
watch the anhingas dive into the water and wait for them
to re-surface minutes later.  They often have a fish in their mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment