Sunday, March 29, 2015

Another Sunny but Chilly Day

   We got up this morning about 8:00, ate breakfast and got ready for church.  The service started at 10:30 so we had plenty of time.  Good thing, because I really needed a shower...I smelled like smoke from last night's campfire.  There were only a handful of people, maybe 20, at the service.  We enjoyed it very much!  Afterward they had a pot luck lunch with fried chicken, salads, casseroles, fruit and dessert and drinks.  What a nice surprise!  We stopped at the commissary to get a few bargains to bring home. 

Look at the pretty mum I got.  I hope I can keep
it alive until we get home and I can plant it outside!



 
We spoke with Bill, the guitar guy's wife when we got back to the CG and s he said Bill was looking for me in the community room a bit ago, but he was now visiting another camper.  I told her to come and get me when he was ready to do some singing.  About an hour later there was a knock on our door and Bill's wife said he was waiting for me.  John wanted to take a nap, so I went down about 2:00 and he said he would come down later and we could play cards.  Bill had mostly older country songs that I didn't know on his computer but we found enough to keep us entertained for about 2 hrs.
This is Bill.  He is a pretty good country singer!
  By this time John had come down and I was ready to stop singing and play some cards.  The camp host treated us to more cookies right out of the oven (I tried to resist, but I thought it would be rude not to eat some after all the trouble she went to!).  We got halfway through our game of Nerts and realized that we had forgotten to take Kylie out, so we left.  We had some leftovers for supper while watching the Duke/Gonzaga basketball game.  Duke pulled out a win.  Heather will be real happy!!  Bill wants me to come back tonight about 7:00 to entertain the group playing Hand and Foot, but I'm not sure I want to.  It really wasn't that much fun... he didn't have many songs I knew or enjoyed singing.  So John and I went down about 8:00 to play Hand and Foot.  It took me about and hour and a half to beat him! 
The group at the community center plays serious
 Hand and Foot!  They have a "Foot" holder necklace
 and a "Hand" holder.

Then a couple who just got to the CG came in and we chatted with them and Barbara, the camp host, for about an hour.  We headed back to Harvey and went to bed.  We're planning to go to Fernandina Beach tomorrow...yea!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment