Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Cindy Went A'Shoppin' on Another Windy Day

   I woke up about 9:00 and John was already out walking.  He got back shortly after I got up.  He had already done over 10,000 steps (4 miles).  He got pics of some different buddies today.

 

She is so beautiful!!
 
 
John said she was pretty close and then followed him on the path.

 
He spotted a dolphin near the fishing pier.
 
These are some sort of crab
 
I believe this is a Great Egret

 
There's the Spoon Bill from behind.

 
 
 
When you stay in the CG for a month you get a lighted
lamppost with your name and home state sign attached.

 
The sites are very large and easy to get in!  Zoom in to get a
good look at our funky light hanging on the left side of the awning.
We got it at the Hershey RV show.
 
  He insisted on cooking breakfast and suggested that I take a day to go shopping.  I thought about it for less than 10 seconds and because I felt an overwhelming desire to please him, I agreed!  Am I a good wife or what?!?!  So I took a shower and got ready to go.  John mentioned that he would like to go to the beach later the afternoon, so I should TRY to get back at a reasonable time, if possible.  (those darned conditions :) His breakfast was delicious!   I was out the door at 11:00 with a list of groceries, a vacuum for Harvey, and a round table to fit inside our new screen house.  But, don't forget, I had to start at Beall's Outlet since I didn't get  there last week.  I spent almost 2 hers at Beall's and only got a few things.  Then I went to TJ Maxx and Pier 1 but didn't get anything in either one of those stores.  (I'm being good!). Then on to Target to look at tables and vacuums.  I had bought a small Dirt Devil Stick vacuum at a garage sale this summer to use in Harvey.  But yesterday we realized by accident that it wasn't picking up any of Kylie's hair!!  We had no idea!  It's no wonder Harvey has been smelling so much like a dog!!  We have been buying candles to help with the smell!  I found a Bissell "Bolt" stick vacuum with a revolving plastic brush especially made for picking up pet hair  (the Dirt Devil had no revolving brushes), and it has a removable hand vac with attachments.  And it's rechargeable... no cord... and the handle folds down for easy RV storage.  We tried it when I got it home and it was embarrassing how much dirt and hair was in the carpet.  YUCK!  Target also had a round table made out of the same hard plastic material that is used on today's most popular folding tables.  It folds in half and the legs fold up, too.  It is pretty heavy though, so I decided to wait to buy it until John takes a look at it.  Another option might be to get an aluminum one from Camping World.  But they are pretty pricey!  I left Target at what I thought was 2:30 and called John to let him know I just had to stop at the grocery store and then I'd be home. (My goal was 3:00).  But when I looked at the clock in the Jeep it was 3:30!!  My watch had stopped!!  I called John back to apologize, but he really wasn't alarmed or surprised.  He knows how all time stops when I shop!  He's so sweet!!  I got back about 4:20, changed clothes and then we headed to the beach near the Holiday Inn to look for sharks teeth.  But there were none to be had.  It was very windy and it even rained a bit, so I was ready to go after about 45 minutes.  There was a nice rainbow, though.  I sat on the steps wrapped in a towel while waiting for John to come back.  Even though he walked some more while I was shopping he still wanted to get more steps in.  He ended the day with almost 25,000.  WOW!! 


See the rainbow...there's more!



I took this while sitting on the steps... freezing!

John hurried back when he saw me... awwww!!

When we got back John grilled a ham steak and we had leftover mac and cheese with it.  It sure was good!  Mom called to check on us.  It was so nice to have her call and to chat.  Everyone is doing well.  YEA!!  Then we went to DG for blizzards.  I know, I know we don't need it.  We saw 20 deer on the way back!  Last night we saw 14.  I never get tired of seeing those beautiful creatures!!  We played a game of Nerts...I creamed him... and John went to bed at 11:00.  I turned in about 12:15. After finishing this blog.














No comments:

Post a Comment