Thursday, February 4, 2016

A Great Day for Corn Hole

I woke up to my alarm at 7:30 because I had a chiropractor appt. here on Pine Island at 9:00.  John had been up since 6:00.  I wish he could learn to sleep in a little!  I had breakfast, got ready and left just before 9:00.  Bonnie, Ken, Melissa and Chuck were already out on the pickleball court.
The mighty players.  Chuck, why do you look so mean?
   I was out of the office by 9:45, went to the bank and stopped at Dollar General for a couple of things.  Then I stopped at Winn Dixie for a couple of groceries.  Bonnie and I were supposed to do a craft show here in the CG this Saturday, but because of all the rain and parking problems it caused, it was postponed until March 5th.  We won't be here, but I saw a banner at a community just down the road that they are having one this Sat.  So I stopped to inquire about it, but only residents of that community are allowed to have a stand.  SHUCKS!  After his walk John stopped in at Waldo, Bonnie and Ken's RV, and chatted a while. 
He got another good picture of the osprey. 
But no turtle rescues today!
He got back to Harvey shortly after I did and we got ready to go down to the pool.  It was sunny, hot and breezy...a perfect setting!!  I got a text from Bonnie at about 1:00 about the 6 of getting together to play corn hole (beanbag),  We decided on 3:00.  We came back from the pool and had a quick bite to eat and met them down at the TLC (Tween Lakes Clubhouse).  Chuck and Melissa beat Bonnie and Ken for the bragging rights of champion!  John and I didn't win a match.  And it's our game...what's up with that??
Melissa is lining up her shot
 
Just waiting to see the result of Chuck's throw.
  
Me thinks Melissa just blew a great opportunity!
  We got back about 6:00 and John grilled pork spare ribs.  YUM!  I showered and then we headed over to Waldo at 7:30 for some cards with the gang.  It had just started to rain and continued the rest of the evening. The men won Skip-O, the women won 5 Crowns, and then the men won Up and Down the River.  Ken insisted on giving a seminar on how to play the game, but the women wanted no part of it!!  Come on, we were at a disadvantage because Bonnie had to concentrate on keeping score!!  We got back to Harvey about 11:10.  John did some reading and I worked on the blog before heading to bed. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment