Sunday, February 21, 2016

Another Gorgeous Day at Manasota Beach!

   John got up about 7ish and I rolled out at 8:00.  We had our leftover breakfast from yesterday and then packed up to head to the beach.  We met the neighbor's 7 yr old Golden Retriever, Bailey and were on the road by 9:15.  It was a bit cloudy, but warm...about 70.  We arrived at Manasota Beach at 10:30.  It was much more crowded than Friday because of the weekend, but not bad.  John walked and I went shark teeth hunting.  I finally sat down at 2:00 for about 45 minutes and played a couple of games of Yahtzee with John.  Then back to work for me and more walking for John.  He got back from his walk and offered to scoop up shells with the Florida snow shovel while I sat and went through them.
John is just too good to me, bringing the shells
to me so I can go thru them while in my chair!
That's what he did for me last year when I
fractured my foot!!
  It was a successful day getting over 100 teeth and John walked over 21,000 steps.  Go John!! We called it a day at 5:30.  Wow, we were there for 7 hrs. and I only sat for about an hour.  I think I'm obsessed!!
It was a good day!
 
John found this two-toned one.  It's so neat!
 
These are my favorite!
 
Some of the teeth were pretty big...I like that!
 
Some other neat shells we found today plus
one piece of sea glass.
  We hoped to miss the rush hour traffic on I-75, but instead were detoured due to an overturned tanker truck that spilled 1000's of gallons of fuel oil on the road at 5:00 am this morning!  We never got home until almost 7:30.  Boy, were we ever hungry!  We both showered and then had leftover pizza  for supper.  Then we walked down to the shuffleboard courts at 8:30.  We turned on the lights and went at it.  John creamed me the first game and then launched a stellar comeback from 2 minus 20's and another minus 10 to just nip me at the end.  I was crushed!!  We got back to Harvey about 10:00.  It was a gorgeous evening except for my defeat.  Actually, the whole day was amazing.  I thought Friday was a perfect day for the beach, but today was even better.  Life is good...we are so blessed!  John did some reading and I worked on the blog.  We turned in about 11:30.

2 comments:

  1. A great day for shark's teeth. We will try our luck Monday.


    ReplyDelete
  2. A great day for shark's teeth. We will try our luck Monday.


    ReplyDelete