Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A Good Day Starts with a Donut!!

   It was chilly this morning...44 degrees!  We went down to one of the buildings for coffee/tea/hot choc and donuts.  There was a stage full of harmonica players that provided musical entertainment.  Then the activities director announced all the upcoming activities and when she was done several of the residents made informed the CG of "special" events that were going on or they needed help with.  We were there about an hour.  John signed up to go for his PHD..."post hole digging" for the existing dog park that they are extending.  We came back to Harvey and called our daughter-in-law, Arlene, and sang "Happy Birthday" to her.  She and TW are going to Shady Maple smorgasbord tonight for her free dinner.  Then John went walking while I worked on my blog post.  When John got back he suggested we go to the pool because it had warmed up and the sun was pretty hot.  I went reluctantly because I was so cold in Harvey, but he was right again!  (I get so tired of his being right all the time!)  It was gorgeous!  I had to get in the pool several times to stop sweating.  The pool area is very pretty having been redone last year.
 
 
One of the pretty gazebos... take notice of the fan hanging
on the tree to the left... it's throwing mist into the gazebo for cooling
 
The many umbrellas, chairs and another gazebo
 
John in the hot tub
  I took it a bit easy today with my hip exercises because I think I overdid it yesterday... my hip was pretty sore today.  We were there until about 4:30, came back and had supper.  Bonnie and Arlene called and I had a nice chat with both of them. Then we headed down to BINGO at 6:10.  We were given a tip to get there early!  It wasn't too full, though...about 50 people.  John won a game and a drawing, and I won a game for a total haul of $27.00!  Hey, it paid for the evening.  

Some people take their BINGO pretty seriously... look at all the dabbers!

John is trying to figure out all the different games
we bought and how to play them
 
We got back about 9:30.  I watched Chicago Fire while working on this blog post and John watched TV in the bedroom.  We won't be up late... for some reason we are both pretty tired and I have a headache... hope I'm not getting sick!!

No comments:

Post a Comment