Friday, February 27, 2015

Shop, Eat and Karaoke

   John did his routine and we had breakfast when he got back.  I met my sister,
Bonnie at Beall's Outlet at 10:00.  It's a great strip mall about 15 minutes from our CG.  Some of the stores are Beall's, Hobby Lobby, TJ Maxx, Ross, Dress Barn, and Chico's Outlet.  We spent 2 hrs and 45 minutes in Beall's trying on lots and lots of stuff.  It was fun to share a dressing room w/Bonnie and be able to critique everything for each other!  We hit Ross's next and did a little more damage.  Bonnie had a haircut appt next door at Ultra at 2:00, so we parted ways and I went to TJ Maxx.  I didn't do near as much damage there... they were quite a bit more expensive than the other 2 stores.  I checked on Bonnie about 3:00 and she still had another half hour till she was done, so I went to the car to unload my purchases, rest my foot and return a call to Gloria, my dear friend from home.  We talked for about a half hour and then Bonnie called to let me know she was done.  We decided to leave to get back to her place to prepare for supper.  John had planned to hitch a ride with Ernie and Noela because they were joining all of us for supper, too.  But Ken had joined them earlier in the day for a hike so he brought John along with him to Waldo (Ken and Bonnie's RV).  After some yummy Sex on the Beach drinks that Ken made for us women we had a wonderful dinner... chicken, pork, salmon, green beans,  salad, and mixed fresh fruit.  We had a great time with everyone and the food was delicious!  We left for Karaoke about 6:45.  We were hoping the rest of the group would join us later, but they never did.  I sang 5 songs and the surprise of the evening was when John got up to sing.  He sang Bruce Springsteen's, Human Touch.  He did a good job for his first time.  I was so proud of him!!
John's "virgin" karaoke performance.
Look how comfortable he seems to be...
Truth be told, he was nervous as heck!!
   After my 4th song Ian, the host, had me tell everyone about myself, and after saying I was PA Dutch country, John encouraged me to tell my "Jakey and Sadie" joke.  They really enjoyed it!  It was a very fun evening.  We didn't leave till after 10:00.
I really wasn't "giving the finger" to John!!
 
Ian joined me for "Amazing Grace"
  Don't know if we'll make it back or not because of leaving for a more northern CG on Sunday.  We stopped at McDonald's on the way home for some ice cream.  (we had to leave for karaoke before dessert at Bonnie and Ken's).  That's our story and we're sticking to it.  We got home about 11:10, watched a little TV and then went to bed.  Not sure what we're doing tomorrow because the weather is "iffy".


No comments:

Post a Comment