Saturday, February 7, 2015

Headed to Pine Island Today for the Craft Show

   Our alarms went off at 5:30 and John packed our lunches and loaded up the Jeep while I got myself ready.  How come it takes us women so much longer to get ready than the guys??  (of course, it takes me 15 minutes more now to put the brace and boot on and get to the car!)  We said our goodbyes to Kylie and we were on the road by 6:30.  It was a beautiful morning.  The sky was a gorgeous pink, red and blue for our 1 and 1/2 hr drive.  We got there right at 8:00.  Bonnie and Ken had been there since 7:30, so their set up was almost complete.  We were set up by 8:45.

OK...I'm ready... sell, sell, sell
 
How does my display look?
 
 Bonnie's ready for business, too
(I stole this pic from Bonnie's blog)
  Our stands were side by side.  John and Ken left to get their walking done.  When John left he told me to , "sell, sell, sell".  Traffic was slow at first but by 10:00 things had picked up.  At about 11:30 my cousin, Mary and her husband, Paul came in.  It was a surprise for Bonnie, but they had mentioned last week when we were visiting them that they might just check out the show. It was very nice of them to come!!  All in all, I had a good day.  Bonnie did well, too.  We started to clean up about 12:45 and since Mary and Paul were still there we all decided to go get some lunch at Low Tikki just down the road.  It was a beautiful afternoon so we ate outside on the dock.  The food was very good and the 6 of us had a wonderful time chatting.  Remind me to tell you about the "drippy dickie" Mary made for a friend of hers.
     There we are! (I stole these pix from Bonnie's blog!)


  We left about 2:30 so Kylie wouldn't explode and Mary and Paul went back to the CG with Bonnie and Ken to see Waldo (their RV).  We got back to Harvey and Kylie about 4:00 (she didn't explode, thank goodness!) We unpacked the Jeep and watched some TV while I iced my foot.   I talked with Bonnie to see how she had done at the show and then we ate the sandwiches we had packed for lunch.  Watched a bit more TV and went to bed... it was a long day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment